Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back

When i started this blog in 2008, it was largely a reaction to the political happenings in Kenya. it was at a time when I was doing a great deal of debating on what the world is vis-a-vis what it ought to be, it was a time when I looked and didnt see where we were heading, first as Kenyans and secondly as Africans. It was a time when the only comfort I found was behind my screen, in the virtual world of the internet, amidst strangers who I had never seen and would probably never see.

Fast forward 2011, 3 years on, nothings seems to really have changed. Sorry, a lot has changed, but things still remain the same. In Kenya, there still is the ICC, coalition government wrangles, poverty, hunger and disesases....

In africa, I hear cries of the people of Tunisia, I see the riots and civil disobidience in Egypt, I can feel the protests of the people of Uganda, there is silent but loud protestation to the rule of Mugabe in Zimbabwe. Africa, mother Africa!

I am back in this virtual world, to 'hide' from my frustrations and dissapointments at what we have turned out to be.

No comments: